daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:55 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Our Greatest Need - All Billy Graham Daily Devotionals for 2026

Our Greatest Need details logo    Daily Devotion - Thursday, September 30, 2022
  by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Details
Our Greatest Need

I stretch forth my hands unto thee; my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land...
—Psalm 143:6

Not long ago I visited the dean of a great American university. We looked out the window of his office and watched hundreds of students walking to their classes. I asked the dean, "What is the greatest problem at this university?" He thought a moment and answered, "Emptiness." So many people today are bored, lonely, searching for something. You can see it in their faces.

One girl home from college told her wealthy father, "Father, I want something but I don't know what it is." That's true of many people; we want something to meet the deepest problems of our lives, but we haven't found it. David said, "I have found it. I shall not want." The Apostle Paul expressed it, "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."

You don't have to give up on life, to throw up your hands and cry, "It's no use." . . . You can have God's peace, God's joy, God's happiness, God's security; and yours can become the most thrilling life in the world.

Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, You quench the thirst and longing of my soul. Praise Your blessed name.
Our Greatest Need





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 22, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)

Be clear minded and self-controlled' 1 Peter 4:7 NIV
Going from childhood to adulthood is a transition that requires a lot of wisdom and love. Your teen will feel and behave child-like sometimes, and adult-like other times. Your job is to realize that whatever their status, they will become a man (woman)...More
BIG SPRING
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, February 28, 2016
by RBC Ministries

BIG SPRING

READ:


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
-John 4:14

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 20-22
Mark...More
Taught by Turkeys
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, November 24, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Taught by Turkeys

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 22-23, 1 Peter 1

More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions