daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


I Can Only Imagine - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

I Can Only Imagine details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, February 5, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
I Can Only Imagine

Bible in a Year: Exodus 36-38, Matthew 23:1-22

The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Ecclesiastes 12:7

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10

I settled into the church pew behind a woman as the worship team began playing "I Can Only Imagine." Raising my hands, I praised God as the woman's sweet soprano voice harmonized with mine. After telling me about her health struggles, we decided to pray together during her upcoming cancer treatments.

A few months later, Louise told me she feared dying. Leaning onto her hospital bed, I rested my head next to hers, whispered a prayer, and quietly sang our song. I can only imagine what it was like for Louise when she worshiped Jesus face-to-face just a few days later.

The apostle Paul offered comforting assurance for his readers who were facing death (2 Corinthians 5:1). The suffering experienced on this side of eternity may cause groaning, but our hope remains anchored to our heavenly dwelling—our eternal existence with Jesus (vv. 2-4). Though God designed us to yearn for everlasting life with Him (vv. 5-6), His promises are meant to impact the way we live for Him now (vv. 7-10).

As we live to please Jesus while waiting for Him to return or call us home, we can rejoice in the peace of His constant presence. What will we experience the moment we leave our earthly bodies and join Jesus in eternity? We can only imagine!

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray
When have you been worried about or discouraged by facing death or losing a loved one? How does God's promise of everlasting life encourage you?

Loving God, thank You for promising to be with me on earth and for all eternity.
I Can Only Imagine





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?

A divine midwife must be in control of his or her choices and ensure that they are God-centred and not self-centred. They must be ready to take decisions even when it hurts them. They must also be prepared to respond to Satans...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions