daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:38 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Finding Strength in God - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Finding Strength in God details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, April 3, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Finding Strength in God

Bible in a Year: Judges 19-21, Luke 7:31-50

I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Soccer player Christian Pulisic faced several injuries that influenced his career. After learning he wouldn't be in the starting lineup of the Champions League semifinals game, he was disappointed, but he described how God had revealed Himself to him. "As always, I reach out to God, and He gives me strength," he said. "I feel like I always have Someone who's with me. I don't know how I would do any of this without that feeling." Pulisic ultimately made a momentous impact when he was substituted later in the game. He initiated a clever play that led to the game-winning shot and secured their spot in the championship. These experiences taught him a valuable lesson: we can always view our weaknesses as opportunities for God to reveal His immeasurable power.

The world teaches us to rely on our own strength when encountering problems. However, biblical wisdom teaches us that God's grace and power give us strength in the most trying circumstances (2 Corinthians 12:9). Therefore, we can move in confidence, recognizing that we never face trials alone. Our "weaknesses" become opportunities for God to reveal His power, strengthening and supporting us (vv. 9-10). We can then use our struggles to offer praise to God, giving thanks for His goodness and sharing these encounters with others so that they can come to experience His love.

By: Kimya Loder

Reflect & Pray
When have you tried to overcome a struggle on your own? How can you look to God for strength?

Dear heavenly Father, thank You for being the source of my strength and guiding me each day.
Finding Strength in God





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions