daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:44 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Pressing On in Jesus - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Pressing On in Jesus details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, April 20, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Pressing On in Jesus

Bible in a Year: 2 Samuel 9-11, Luke 15:11-32

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on.
Philippians 3:13-14

Today's Scripture & Insight: Philippians 3:12-16

On a run in the forest, I tried to find a shortcut and went down an unfamiliar path. Wondering if I was lost, I asked a runner coming the other way if I was on the right track.

"Yup," he replied confidently. Seeing my doubtful look, he quickly added: "Don't worry, I've tried all the wrong routes! But that's okay, it's all part of the run."

What an apt description of my spiritual journey! How many times have I strayed from God, given in to temptation, and been distracted by the things of life? Yet God has forgiven me each time and helped me to move on—knowing I will certainly stumble again. God knows our tendency to go down the wrong path. But He's always ready to forgive, again and again, if we confess our sins and allow His Spirit to transform us.

Paul too knew this was all part of the faith journey. Fully aware of his sinful past and current weaknesses, he knew he had yet to obtain the Christlike perfection he desired (Philippians 3:12). "But one thing I do," he added, "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on" (vv. 13-14). Stumbling is part of our walk with God: it's through our mistakes that He refines us. His grace enables us to press on, as forgiven children.

By: Leslie Koh

Reflect & Pray
What mistakes can you confess to God today? How can His assurance of forgiveness help you to press on in your walk of faith?

Thank You, God, for Your mercy. Help me to lead a life that pleases You, knowing that Your Spirit is working in me to transform me into Your Son's likeness.
Pressing On in Jesus





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
ACCEPTED TIME 2
Open Heavens
for Saturday, February 8, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ACCEPTED TIME 2

God is never too early and He is never too late. His timetable is set on purpose; the purpose is not only for your sake but also for His. In all things, His name shall be glorified. No doubt, He would have been glorified healing Lazarus of his sickness, but this can't compare to raising him from the dead after four...More
IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER

Read:
. He is looking for those who are ready and committed to walking in His footsteps. God is holy, and He has called us to holy living. We are to do as He commands because we are the light of the world. God in Heaven is glorified when our light shines in the midst of the darkness of this world. If you...More
Standing in the limelight
The Good Seed
for Monday, January 4, 2022
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Standing in the limelight

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern for all who are going to believe on him for everlasting life.
1 Timothy 1:15.16.

Standing in the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions