daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:06 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Troubled Souls, Honest Prayers - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Troubled Souls, Honest Prayers details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, December 30, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Troubled Souls, Honest Prayers

Bible in a Year: Zechariah 13-14, Revelation 21

Father, glorify your name!
John 12:28

Today's Scripture & Insight: John 12:27-32

Three days before a bomb blast rocked his home in January 1957, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had an encounter that marked him for the rest of his life. After receiving a threatening phone call, King found himself pondering an exit strategy from the civil rights movement. Then prayers emerged from his soul. "I am here taking a stand for what I believe is right. But now I am afraid. I have nothing left. I've come to the point where I can't face it alone." After his prayer, there came quiet assurance. King noted, "Almost at once my fears began to go. My uncertainty disappeared. I was ready to face anything."

In John 12, Jesus acknowledged, "My soul is troubled" (v. 27). He was transparently honest about His internal disposition; still He was God-centered in His prayer. "Father, glorify your name!" (v. 28). Jesus' prayer was one of surrender to God's will.

How human it is for us to feel the pangs of fear and discomfort when we find ourselves with the option of honoring God or not; when wisdom requires making hard decisions about relationships, habits, or other patterns (good or bad). No matter what we're faced with, as we pray boldly to God, He'll give us the strength to overcome our fear and discomfort and do what brings glory to Him—for our good and the good of others.

By: Arthur Jackson

Reflect & Pray
What experiences have prompted prayers for God to be honored? What advice would you give to others facing such situations?

Father, please help me to face challenging things honestly and prayerfully that are for my good and will bring You glory.
Troubled Souls, Honest Prayers





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions