daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:26 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Heart for Christ - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Heart for Christ details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, March 3, 2024
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Heart for Christ

Bible in a Year : Numbers 28:30, Mark 8:22-38

Out of the heart come evil thoughts . . . these are what defile a person.
Matthew 15:19-20

Today's Scripture & Insight : Matthew 15:7-20

As long as you keep your mouth closed, I told myself, you won't be doing anything wrong. I'd been outwardly holding back my anger toward a colleague after misinterpreting things she'd said. Since we had to see each other every day, I decided to limit communication to only what was necessary (and retaliate with my silent treatment). How could a quiet demeanor be wrong? Jesus said that sin begins in the heart (Matthew 15:18-20). My silence may have fooled people into thinking all was well, but it wasn't fooling God. He knew I was hiding a heart filled with anger. I was like the Pharisees who honored God with their lips, but their hearts were far from Him (v. 8). Even though my outward appearance didn't show my true feelings, the bitterness was festering inside me. The joy and closeness I'd always felt with my heavenly Father were gone.

Nurturing and hiding sin does that. By God's grace, I told my colleague how I was feeling and apologized. She graciously forgave me and, eventually, we became good friends. "Out of the heart come evil thoughts" (v. 19), Jesus says. The state of our heart matters because evil residing there can overflow into our lives.

Both our exterior and interior matter.

By: Karen Huang

Reflect & Pray
Jesus said that the sin in our heart defiles us. What "evil thoughts" might be defiling your heart? How can you pray regarding this matter?

Loving God, please forgive me for the sins I've been nurturing in my heart. I want my heart to be pleasing in Your sight. Please help me to change.
A Heart for 
Christ





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions