daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:29 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


“I AM” - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

“I AM” details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, March 18, 2024
  by RBC Ministries
Details
“I AM”

Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 32–34, Mark 15:26–47

God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”
Exodus 3:14

Today's Scripture & Insight : Exodus 3:11–15

Jack, a professor of philosophy and literature, had a brilliant mind. He’d declared himself an atheist at the age of fifteen and in adulthood adamantly defended his “atheistic faith.” Christian friends tried to persuade him. As Jack put it, “Everyone and everything had joined the other side.” But the Bible, he had to admit, was different from other literature and myths. About the Gospels he wrote: “If ever a myth had become fact, had been incarnated, it would be just like this.”

One Bible passage became most influential to Jack—Exodus 3. God was calling Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses asked God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?” (v. 11). God responded, “I am who I am” (v. 14). This passage is a complex play on words and names but reflects God’s eternal presence from the beginning. Interestingly, later Jesus echoed the same when he said, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58).

Jack, better known as C. S. Lewis, was deeply persuaded by this passage. This was all that the one true God should need to say—simply that He is the “I am.” In a life-changing moment, Lewis “gave in, and admitted God was God.” This was the beginning of a journey for Lewis toward accepting Jesus.

Perhaps we struggle with belief, as Lewis did, or maybe with a lukewarm faith. We might ask ourselves if God is truly the “I am” in our lives.

By: Kenneth Petersen

Reflect & Pray
What does it mean to you to hear God say, “I am”? How might it influence your days ahead?

Dear God, I come to You in awe of who You are. You are the “I am” in my life, and there is no other.
I AM





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
(Genesis 24:67)


The Holy Scriptures present Isaac as a type of Christ. God said to Abraham. "Take now thy son, thine Isaacand there offer him up for a burnt-offering" (Gen 22:2).
Abraham took him to the appointed...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More
DENYING JESUS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 21, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DENYING JESUS?

Read:


Bible in one year:
2 Samuel 19:16-20:26
Proverbs 13:15-14:3

Hymn:
Sing hymn 13

The company you keep determines who you are, what you do, and how you respond to situations in life. The story was told of a sparrow that got trapped together...More
Loving And Accepting Others
The Word for today
for Saturday, April 11, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

Loving And Accepting Others

In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.' Philippians 2:3 NKJV

You can learn to love and accept someone, without necessarily agreeing with their opinions and endorsing their actions or lifestyle. An important key is learning to see people as individuals. The more we realise...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions