daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:26 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God’s Life-Changing Gift - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

God’s Life-Changing Gift details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, July 3, 2024
  by RBC Ministries
Details
God’s Life-Changing Gift

Bible in a Year : Job 25-27, Acts 12

I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.
Psalm 119:16

Today's Scripture & Insight : Psalm 119:9-20

I greeted our youth group as my husband and I handed out Bibles. “God will use these priceless gifts to change your life,” I said. That night, a few students committed to reading the gospel of John together. We continued inviting the group to read Scripture at home while we taught them during our weekly meetings. More than a decade later, I saw one of our students. “I still use the Bible you gave me,” she said. I saw the evidence in her faith-filled life.

God empowers His people to go beyond reading, reciting, and remembering where to find Bible verses. He enables us to “stay on the path of purity” by living “according to” the Scriptures (Psalm 119:9). God wants us to seek and obey Him as He uses His unchanging truth to free us from sin and change us (vv. 10-11). We can ask God daily to help us know Him and understand what He says in the Bible (vv. 12-13).

When we recognize the priceless value of living God’s way, we can “rejoice” in His instruction “as one rejoices in great riches” (vv. 14-15). Like the psalmist, we can sing, “I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word” (v. 16). As we invite the Holy Spirit to empower us, we can savor each moment spent prayerfully reading the Bible—God’s life-changing gift to us.

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray
How do you invest in studying the Scriptures? How can delighting in them change your perspective on God’s call to obey Him?

Loving God, please help me rejoice over the priceless words of Scripture as You empower me to submit to Your wisdom and authority in my life.
God’s Life-Changing Gift





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions