daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:00 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Grandma’s Faith - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Grandma’s Faith details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, December 15, 2024
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Grandma’s Faith

Bible in a Year : Amos 1-3, Revelation 6

I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and . . . now lives in you.
2 Timothy 1:5

Today's Scripture & Insight : 2 Timothy 1:1-5

We were seated around the dinner table when my nine-year-old grandson said with a smile, “I’m just like Grandma. I love to read!” His words brought joy to my heart. I thought back to the year before when he’d been sick and stayed home from school. After he took a long nap, we sat together side by side reading. I was happy to be passing along the legacy of loving books that I’d received from my mother.

But that’s not the most important legacy I want to pass on to my grandchildren. I pray the legacy of faith I received from my parents and sought to pass on to my children will also help my grandchildren in their journey toward faith.

Timothy had the legacy of a godly mother and grandmother—and a spiritual mentor, the apostle Paul. The apostle wrote, “I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also” (2 Timothy 1:5).

We may think our lives haven’t been positive enough to be a good example for others. Maybe the legacy passed down to us wasn’t a good one. But it’s never too late to build a legacy of faith into our children, grandchildren, or any child’s life. Through God’s help, we plant seeds of faith. He’s the one who makes faith grow (1 Corinthians 3:6-9).

By: Alyson Kieda

Reflect & Pray
What kind of spiritual inheritance did you receive? How can you build a legacy of faith?

Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing me to You. Please help me to be a godly example to others.
A Grandma’s Faith





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


IS YOUR VISA READY?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IS YOUR VISA READY?

Speaking of aspirations and ambitions in life, if all you can achieve on earth is for your name to enter and remain in the most important book in the universe - the Book of Life, it is worth it. On the Day of Judgment, many whose names were in earth's halls of fame will be shown the way to the eternal lake of fire...More
BE STRONG
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE STRONG

You don't charge someone to be strong if there is no task to be performed or if pressure is not required, either for motion or putting up resistance against an opposing force. In the physical realm, mere movement requires strength. This explains why a sick person or a person just recovering from an ailment finds it...More
God often proves to be other than people think...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, June 10, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

God often proves to be other than people think...


Acts 5:4-5

God often proves to be other than people think. Here, for example, death struck a man suddenly for lying before God. Is God therefore severe, when he makes use of His power unreservedly towards the weak?
Let us first briefly examine what preceded this judgment. Holy zeal for the...More
Spiritual Diagnosis
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, April 29, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Spiritual Diagnosis

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 6-7, Luke...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions