daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:08 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Not Easily Offended - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Not Easily Offended details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, March 6, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Not Easily Offended

Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 1-2, Mark 10:1-31

Sensible people . . . earn respect by overlooking wrongs.
Proverbs 19:11

Today's Scripture & Insight : Proverbs 19:8-13

When I entered my church after several months of quarantine, I was excited to see members I hadn’t seen in a while. I realised that some members, especially older ones, just wouldn’t be back—some due to safety reasons and others, unfortunately, because they’d passed from this life. So I was quite excited when I spotted an older couple coming into the church and taking their normal seat behind me. I waved at them both. The man returned my greeting, while his wife stared at me without even smiling. I was hurt and wondered why.

It was a few Sundays later that I observed the same woman (who hadn’t returned my greeting) being helped by a friend who was showing her when to stand or sit—acting as her carer. My old church friend was apparently very sick and hadn’t recognised me. I’m glad I didn’t approach her or even get upset when she didn’t return my enthusiastic greeting.

Proverbs offers a lot of advice for living wisely, and not being easily offended is one of its gems. In fact, it says “sensible people . . . earn respect by overlooking wrongs” (19:11 NLT). Choosing not to get offended and learning to “control [our] temper” (v. 11 NLT) can bring us honour. It may require patience and “wisdom” (v. 8), but it reflects the gracious heart of our Father who has chosen to forgive every one of our offences towards Him.

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray
When have you been offended by someone’s actions? When is it the right thing to overlook an offence?

God of mercy, thank You for overlooking the times I’ve offended You. Please give me the wisdom to do the same for others.
Not Easily Offended





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAYS OF DELIVERANCE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 11, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAYS OF DELIVERANCE

In

Bible in one year:
Job 14-17

Action...More
It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 30, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...


It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that Jehovah will requite me good for my being cursed this day. And David and his men went by the way; and Shimei went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions