daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:10 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Prone to Wander - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Prone to Wander details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, May 26, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Prone to Wander

Bible in a Year : 1 Chronicles 28-29, John 9:24-41

I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant.
Psalm 119:176

Today's Scripture & Insight : Psalm 119:169-176

Robert Robinson’s travelling companion began humming the tune of “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing”. After a while, she asked what he thought of the hymn. “I am the poor unhappy man who wrote it many years ago,” he sighed, “and I would give a thousand worlds, if I had them, to enjoy the feelings I had then.”

Whilst this eighteenth-century story may be apocryphal, what seems clear is that Robinson experienced personally the wandering his hymn went on to describe: “Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love.” He’d been influenced by unbiblical friends for a time, leading to feelings of lostness and uncertainty while he drifted from God.

The psalmist described something similar: “I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant” (Psalm 119:176). He had known the immense value and joy of God’s Word (vv. 172, 174). Yet, somehow, he had wandered away.

In a world full of empty promises and distracting desires, we too can find ourselves prone to wander from biblical truth. When this happens, and like Robinson we discover our joy is gone, the psalmist shows us the way back: “May my cry come before you, Lord; . . . deliver me according to your promise” (vv. 169-170). Wherever we are, we can place our trust in the promises of God’s Word again, crying out to the One who seeks and saves the lost (Luke 19:10).

By: Chris Wale

Reflect & Pray
When do you feel most tempted to wander away from God? How might you take to heart some of God’s promises and carry them with you?

Dear God, thank You that even when I wander, I can cry out to You for rescue. Take my heart and seal it for Yourself, Lord.
Prone to Wander





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?

A divine midwife must be in control of his or her choices and ensure that they are God-centred and not self-centred. They must be ready to take decisions even when it hurts them. They must also be prepared to respond to Satans...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions