daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:18 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God Knows Best - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

God Knows Best details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, May 31, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
God Knows Best

Bible in a Year : 2 Chronicles 13-14, John 12:1-26

My ways [are] higher than your ways.
Isaiah 55:9

Today's Scripture & Insight : Isaiah 55:6-11

Anxious about a health issue my teenage niece had, I was relieved when I heard of a promising natural remedy. My sister, however, felt it might cause side effects, based on her daughter’s medical history. I wanted to argue but refrained. No matter how concerned I was about my niece, I had to defer to her mum’s authority.

Later, a doctor told us, “That natural remedy would’ve caused a strong allergic reaction.” When it comes to my niece’s welfare, her mum truly knows what’s best for her—in ways that I don’t.

I remember this incident when I’m anxious about other loved ones, asking God to help them the way I think they should be helped. I remember that God, who loves them and knows them far better than I do, knows best.

In Isaiah 55:9, God says, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways.” The Hebrew word here for ways (derek) refers to the moral actions and behaviour of God contrasted with that of wicked people. God’s wisdom and righteous ways are far above ours. What happens in a loved one’s life may not be what we want, but we can trust Him to work in their lives as He sees best.

Let’s keep entrusting those we love to God by presenting “[our] requests to God” (Philippians 4:6). He alone is perfect in love, mercy, wisdom, and sovereignty (Isaiah 55:3, 7-11).

By: Karen Huang

Reflect & Pray
What concerns do you have for a loved one? How can you surrender your understanding of the situation to God’s wisdom?

Dear God, I entrust my loved ones into Your care. You alone know what’s best for them.
God Knows Best





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FIGHT AGAINST DISCOURAGEMENT!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 7, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FIGHT AGAINST DISCOURAGEMENT!

Discouragement is a great tool in the hands of the enemy. Proverbs 13:12...More
THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
DIVINE INSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE INSURANCE

The promises of God in Christ are yea and in Him, Amen. This means that any promise that God makes to all believers in Christ will definitely come to pass

Bible in one year:
Ezekiel 37:15-39:29
Psalm 74:12-23

Prayer...More
TOUCH NOT
Open Heavens
for Sunday, July 12, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TOUCH NOT

In today's Bible reading, while David and his men were away, the Amalekites invaded Ziklag, defeated the city and set it on fire, after which they took members of their families - wives, sons and daughters as captives. When they returned and saw the situation of Ziklag, David and his men were really distressed,...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions