daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:20 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


BEFORE AND AFTER - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

BEFORE AND AFTER details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, February 6, 2016
  by RBC Ministries
Details
BEFORE AND AFTER

READ:
Psalm 55:


Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.
-Psalm 55:1,4
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Exodus 39-40
Matthew 23:23-39

What changes take place in a life of faith after severe testing? I thought of this as I read the tragic story of a Jamaican dad who accidentally shot and killed his 18-year-old daughter while trying to protect his family from intruders.
News reports said he went to church (as was his habit) the next day - distraught but still seeking God's help. Faith in God guided him before, and he knew God could sustain him after.
I thought about this in regard to my own life - having also lost a teenage daughter. To review how I viewed life and faith before Melissa's death, I dug into my computer archives to read the last article I written before we lost her in June 2002. How would what I said then correspond to what I know now? Had severe testing changed my view of faith in God? In May of that year, I had written this: "David was not afraid to go boldly to God and tell Him what was on his heart....We don't have to be afraid to tell God what is on our heart."
Before I went through tough times, I went to God and He listened to me. After, I discovered that He still listens and comforts and sustains. So I continue to pray in faith. Our faith remains intact and is strengthened because He is the God of the before and the after. - Dave Branon
God is still on the throne,
He never forsaketh His own;
His promise is true, He will not forget you,
God is still on the throne. - Suffield


What we know of God encourages us to trust Him in all we do not know.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions