daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:35 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Focused on God - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Focused on God details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, January 31, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Focused on God

Bible in a Year : Exodus 25-26, Matthew 20:17-34

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3

Today's Scripture & Insight : Isaiah 26:1-5

My coworker made a quick call to discuss an issue. She asked how I was doing, and I admitted that I had a really painful sinus infection, and the medicine wasn’t working. My coworker simply asked, “May I pray for you?” After I agreed, she offered a thirty-second prayer to God for my healing. I admitted, “Sometimes I forget to pray. I was so focused on the pain I didn’t turn to God.”

My confession made me think about where I place my focus—on my struggles and problems or on God. On this day, my thoughts centered on the pain because of its intensity. But Isaiah 26:3 reminds us that when we keep our minds focused on God, our healer and sustainer, we can find peace: “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” While the pain may not go away instantly, or perhaps ever in this life, the prophet reminds us to place our “trust in” the one who is faithful and able to provide what we need (v. 4).

This passage from Isaiah pointed the Israelites to God’s promises during and after their exile. They would sing songs of praise to Him again as they clung to their faith and hope in what He would provide (vv. 1-2). And the prophet’s words also remind us that whatever pain we may endure, we too can find comfort as we focus on trusting in God and calling out to Him.

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray
Where are your thoughts focused? How can you turn your concerns into praise and prayers to God?

Dear God, please remind me to keep my mind focused on You, regardless of what situations I face.
Focused on God





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE GREAT DELIVERER
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 13, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE GREAT DELIVERER

God is great but He humbles Himself to the level of His children to deliver them. The one who will deliver you must be stronger than the enemy holding you captive. The reason He is able to deliver is because He is stronger than all your enemies put together. This is why in

Bible in one year:
Job...More
NO FOOD FOR THE LAZY MAN
Open Heavens
for Friday, June 26, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

NO FOOD FOR THE LAZY MAN

Laziness is not a Christian virtue in any way. Our Lord Jesus Christ made this clear by His lifestyle of hard work while here on earth. A lifestyle of laziness is outrightly rejected in Scriptures typified by today's Bible reading. It is amazing that some people are still expecting God to rain manna on earth! It does...More
FOR HIS OWN PLEASURE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 2, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR HIS OWN PLEASURE

Read:


Bible in one year:
Exodus 12:43-14:31
Psalms 114

Hymn:
Sing hymn 7 (in hard copy)

Bible records show that God is not passive about His creation; He is dynamically involved in everything that happens in the universe. His interest and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions