daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:35 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Beyond the Blues - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Beyond the Blues details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, March 20, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Beyond the Blues

Bible in a Year : Joshua 4-6, Luke 1:1-20

In the morning I will sing of your love.
Psalm 59:16

Today's Scripture & Insight : Psalm 59:9-17

Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot is best known for enduring classics like “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” and “If You Could Read My Mind.” But one of his lesser-known songs is titled “The Minstrel of the Dawn.” (A minstrel is a troubadour, a singer who puts his poetry to music.) Like us, Lightfoot’s troubadour longs to be “more happy than blue.” Although there are always “blue” things to think about or dwell on, the minstrel chooses to focus on happy things as the new day dawns and then to sing about them.

The minstrel of the psalms, David, penned a similar line: “In the morning I will sing of your love” (Psalm 59:16). David had plenty of “blue” things to dwell on—from enemies ready to attack him to fierce men slandering and conspiring against him (vv. 1-3). “They return at evening,” he sang, “snarling like dogs, and prowl about the city” (v. 14). But he chose, as the new day dawned, to focus not simply on something happy but on someone good—God—and then sing of God’s love, “my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble” (v. 16) on “whom I can rely” (v. 17).

You may not be a singer-songwriter, but you can still be a minstrel of the dawn. Like David, you can tell God, “I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love” (v. 16).

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray
What is it that makes you blue or causes you concern? What would it look like for you to sing of God’s love in the morning?

God my fortress and shield, I’m choosing to sing beyond the blues this morning, to sing of Your steadfast love.
Beyond the Blues





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions