| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 12:40 PM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
CHECK THE OIL - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
CHECK THE OIL READ: My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. -Psalm 5:3 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ruth 1-4 Luke 8:1-25 When I helped our daughters learn to drive, I included a little instruction on basic auto maintenance. We visited a local service station where they learned to check the oil every time they put fuel in the car. Today, years later, they often remind me of my six-word slogan, "Oil is cheap; engines are expensive." Adding a quart of oil is nothing compared to replacing an engine. Maintenance is also important in our spiritual lives. Taking time each day to read the Bible, pray, and listen to God is a key element in avoiding a breakdown. In Psalm 5, David wrote, "My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You" (v.3). In the following verses, he poured out his heart in praise, thanksgiving, and requests to God. Many people find it essential to begin every day with the Lord. Before checking email, catching the news, or eating breakfast, they find some quiet moments alone to read a portion of God's Word, praise Him for His greatness, thank Him for His love, and seek His guidance. Others spend time reading and praying at different times of the day. It's not magic - it's maintenance, as we ask the Lord each day to fill our hearts with His presence on the road of life. - David McCasland Give me a strong desire, O Lord, to look into Your Word each day. Help me hide it in my heart so that I might not stray from Your truth. Feed me and teach me about Yourself and Your will for me. The roots of stability come from being grounded in God's Word and prayer. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Saturday, December 28, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye BROKENNESS In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More |
Open Heavens for Saturday, March 15, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More |
The Word for today for Wednesday, October 10, 2019 by Bob and Debby Gass Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More |
Daily Devotional for Tuesday, December 27, 2023 by Andrew Wommack Ministries God Is Good John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.' JOHN 21:25 Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |