| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 11:54 AM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
AN HONEST HEART - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
AN HONEST HEART READ: I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee. -1 Chronicles 29:17 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 1-2 John 19:23-42 I came across an epitaph on an old gravestone in a cemetery the other day. It read, "J.Holgate: An honest man." I know nothing of Holgate's life, but because his marker is unusually ornate, he must have struck it rich. But whatever he accomplished in his lifetime, he's remembered for just one thing: He was "an honest man." Diogenes, the Greek philosopher, spent a lifetime in search of honesty and finally concluded that an honest man could not be found. Honest people are hard to find in any age, but the trait is one that greatly matters. Honesty is not the best policy; it's the only policy, and one of the marks of a man or woman who lives in God's presence. David writes, "LORD,...who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly" (Psalm 15:1-2). I ask myself: Am I trustworthy and honourable in all my affairs? Do my words ring true? Do I speak the truth in love or do I fudge and fade the facts now and then, or exaggerate for emphasis? If so, I may turn to God with complete confidence and ask for forgiveness and for a good and honest heart - to make truthfulness an integral part of my nature. The One who has begun a good work in me is faithful. He will do it. - David Roper Lord, help me to be honest In all I do and say, And grant me grace and power To live for You each day. - Fitzhugh Live in such a way that when people think of honesty and integrity, they will think of you. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
The Word for today for Friday, January 17, 2014 by Bob and Debby Gass A Spiritual Checkup (3) He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the spirit' Romans 8:27 NIV Doing a spiritual checkup means examining things like: 1) Priorities. Seek first the kingdom of Godand all these things shall be added unto you' (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). Do you submit your schedule to God for His approval? Does your...More |
Open Heavens for Friday, December 4, 2015 by Pastor E.A Adeboye MEAL OF REMEMBRANCE The Holy Communion is a very significant meal. Unlike regular meals, it a meal of remembrance. When some people take this meal, they forget to heed the instruction in today's Bible reading where the Lord repeatedly said "this do in remembrance of Me". In other words, the meal reminds us of God's power of...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |