daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 8:45 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG! - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG! details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, December 12, 2016
  by RBC Ministries
Details
SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG!

READ:


I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
-Psalm 4:8

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hosea 9-11
Revelation 3

When I was a child, my family lived in a house my father built in the cedar breaks west of Duncan-ville, Texas. Our house had a small kitchen-dinette area, two bedrooms, and a great room with a large room stone fireplace in which we burned 2-foot-long cedar logs. That fireplace was the center of warmth in our home.
There were five people in our family: my father and mother, my sister, my cousin and me. Since we had only two bedrooms, I slept year-round on a porch with canvas screens that rolled down to the floor. Summers were delightful; winters were cold.
I remember dashing from the warmth of the living room onto the porch, tiptoeing across the frost-covered plank floor in my bare feet, leaping into bed and burrowing under a great mountain of blankets. Then, when hail, sleet, or snow lashed our house and the wind howled through the caves like a pack of wolves, I snuggled down in sheltered rest. "Snug as a bug in a rug," my mother used to say. I doubt that any child ever felt so warm and secure.
Now I know the greatest security of all: God Himself. I can "lie down in peace, and sleep" (Psalm 4:8), knowing that He is my shelter from the stinging storms of life. Enveloped in the warmth of His love, I'm snug as a bug in a rug. - David Roper
Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms. - Hoffman


No one is more secure than those who are in God's hands.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 22, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)

Be clear minded and self-controlled' 1 Peter 4:7 NIV
Going from childhood to adulthood is a transition that requires a lot of wisdom and love. Your teen will feel and behave child-like sometimes, and adult-like other times. Your job is to realize that whatever their status, they will become a man (woman)...More
BIG SPRING
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, February 28, 2016
by RBC Ministries

BIG SPRING

READ:


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
-John 4:14

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 20-22
Mark...More
Taught by Turkeys
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, November 24, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Taught by Turkeys

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 22-23, 1 Peter 1

More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions