daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 7:42 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Lead Me to the Rock - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Lead Me to the Rock   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, March 10, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Lead Me to the Rock

Read: Psalm 61 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 11-13; Mark 12:1-27

I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalm 61:2

While shopping for a humidifier, I noticed an older woman walking back and forth down the aisle. Wondering if she was shopping for humidifiers also, I moved aside to allow her to draw near. Soon we chatted about a flu virus in our area, one that left her with a lingering cough and headache.

A few minutes later, she launched into a bitter tirade, expressing her theory about the origin of the virus. I listened, unsure what to do. She soon left the store, still angry and frustrated. Though she had expressed her frustration, I couldn't do anything to take away that pain.

David, Israel's second king, wrote psalms to express his anger and frustration to God. But David knew that God not only listened, He could also do something about his pain. In Psalm 61, he writes, "I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (v. 2). God was his "refuge" (v. 3)—the "rock" to which David ran.

When we're in pain, or come in contact with someone in pain, David's example is a good one to follow. We can head to "the rock that is higher" or lead someone there. I wish I had mentioned God to the woman at the store. While God may not take away all our pain, we can rest in the peace He provides and the assurance that He hears our cry.

Father God, make me mindful of those in need of a listening ear and the hope of Your presence.

Rest on the Rock.


By Linda Washington





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FASTING IS NECESSARY
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FASTING IS NECESSARY

To relate with the Holy Spirit, you must be holy. You must also exercise a living faith, pray and fast. Some people will tell you that because had finished the work of salvation, there is no need to fast. To them, fasting is completely needless and is some form of self-inflicted punishment. But they forget that...More
ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?

It is always good to pay close attention to instructions given by someone you claim to be your guide or guardian. Often, we miss many opportunities, breakthroughs and victories because we fail to see the details of the instructions given to us on a subject. A multinational company once held a promotional exam for...More
Thanks for Who God Is
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, November 16, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Thanks for Who God Is

Read: Psalm 95:1-7 | Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 3-4; Hebrews 11:20-40



There are countless reasons to thank God, including for who He is!

By Dave...More
Operating with Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, May 4, 2023
by RBC Ministries

Operating with Prayer

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 16-18, Luke 22:47-71


2 Chronicles 20:3

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Chronicles 20:1-12

When my son needed orthopedic surgery, I was grateful for the doctor who performed the operation. The doctor, who was nearing retirement, assured us...More


Temmy's ourdailybread daily devotional Operating with Prayer



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions