daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 5:26 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Impaired Judgment - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Impaired Judgment    details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, June 19, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Impaired Judgment

Read: Matthew 7:1-6 | Bible in a Year: Nehemiah 12-13; Acts 4:23-37

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Matthew 7:1

I've been quick to judge anyone I saw walking in the street while staring at a phone. How could they be so oblivious to the cars about to hit them? I've told myself. Don't they care about their own safety? But one day, while crossing the entrance to an alleyway, I was so engrossed in a text message, that I missed seeing a car at my left. Thankfully, the driver saw me and came to an abrupt stop. But I felt ashamed. All of my self-righteous finger-pointing came back to haunt me. I had judged others, only to do the same thing myself.

My hypocrisy is the kind of thinking that Jesus addressed in the Sermon on the Mount: "First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:5). I had a huge "plank"—a blind spot through which I judged others with my own impaired judgment.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged," Jesus also said (7:2). Recalling the disgusted look on the driver's face that day, after having to make an abrupt stop when I walked in front of the car, I'm reminded of the disgusted looks I gave others engrossed in their phones.

None of us is perfect. But sometimes I forget that in my haste to judge others. We're all in need of God's grace.

Heavenly Father, please help me be quicker to console or encourage, and slower to judge someone else.

Be slow to judge others.

By Linda Washington





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A Spiritual Checkup (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 15, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Spiritual Checkup (1)

The Lord searches every heart and understands every motive'
1 Chronicles 28:9


The Psalmist prayed, Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting' (Psalms 139:23-24 NKJV). If you're wise you'll...More
HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?

The name you bear is very important because it serves as your identity and your future may be connected to it. The name a person bears is sometimes indicative of the experiences he or she will encounter in life. Take for instance Moses: this name means "drawn out of water"

Bible in one year:
Job...More
Look For Teaching Moments
The Word for today
for Tuesday, November 6, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Look For Teaching Moments

What do these stones mean?' Joshua 4:21 NIV

One of the most effective ways to teach is through teaching moments'. Jesus did that. When a fig tree didn't produce fruit, He cursed it and it immediately withered up. That got the disciples' attention (see Matthew 21:18-22). Then He explained that unless...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions