daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 4:19 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Good Daddy - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Good Daddy details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, August 9, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Good Daddy

Read: Psalm 63 | Bible in a Year: Psalms 77-78; Romans 10

On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
Psalm 63:6

When our son, Xavier, was younger, business trips often pulled my husband away from home. Though his father called often, there were rough nights when the calls alone didn't comfort Xavier. To help soothe our son when he felt he needed his dad, I'd pull out our photo albums as he prepared for bedtime. I'd point out the images that showed them spending time together and ask, "Do you remember this?"

Memory after memory encouraged our son, who often said, "I have a good daddy."

I understood Xavier's need to be reminded of his father's love when he couldn't see him. Whenever I'm going through tough or lonely times, I too long to know I'm loved, especially by my heavenly Father.

David proclaimed his deep yearning for God as he hid from his enemies in the desert (Psalm 63:1). Remembering his personal encounters with God's limitless power and satisfying love led him to praise (vv. 2-5). Through his most difficult nights, David could still rejoice in his dependable Father's loving care (vv. 6-8).

During our dark times, when we feel as if God's not there for us, we need reminders of who God is and how He's demonstrated His love. Reflecting on our personal experiences with Him, as well as His actions recorded in Scripture, can affirm the countless ways our good Abba Father loves us.

Lord, thanks for demonstrating Your endless love to Your people, in our lives and through the words You preserved in Scripture.

Remembering God's works, which reveal His character, reassures us of His love.

By Xochitl Dixon





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions