daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 4:21 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Gift of Time - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Gift of Time    details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, August 13, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Gift of Time

Read: Luke 6:37-38 | Bible in a Year: Psalms 87-88; Romans 13

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25

I headed into the post office in a big hurry. I had a number of things on my to-do list, but as I entered I was frustrated to find a long line backing up all the way to the door. "Hurry up and wait," I muttered, glancing at my watch.

My hand was still on the door when an elderly stranger approached me. "I can't get this copier to work," he said, pointing to the machine behind us. "It took my money and I don't know what to do." Immediately I knew what God wanted me to do. I stepped out of line and was able to fix the problem in ten minutes.

The man thanked me and then left. As I turned to get back in line, it was gone. I walked straight to the service counter.

My experience that day reminds me of Jesus's words: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38).

My wait seemed shorter because God interrupted my hurry. By turning my eyes to others' needs and helping me give of my time, He gave me a gift. It's a lesson I hope to remember, next time I look at my watch.

Heavenly Father, all of the time I have is in Your hands, a gift from You. Please show me how to use it to bring glory and honor to You.

Sometimes our to-do list needs to wait.

By James Banks





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
Be Passionate About It (3)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 4, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Be Passionate About It (3)

Press toward the goal for the prize'Philippians 3:14 NKJV
Albert Schweitzer said, Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.' When you feel passionate about something and allow yourself to pursue it, you position yourself...More
TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, May 5, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION

One of the most profound wonders you will find anywhere in the world is the wonder of a transformed life. When a person who was demon-possessed suddenly becomes a vessel unto honour, what wonder can be greater than this? Such a person remains a wonder throughout his or her lifetime. This was the testimony of Mary...More
ONE AMAZING LETTER
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, September 10, 2016
by RBC Ministries

ONE AMAZING LETTER

READ:
. It is one amazing letter! - Dave Branon


The love of God for us is revealed in His letter to us - the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions