daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 3:30 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


He Knows Our Names - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

He Knows Our Names   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, September 11, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
He Knows Our Names

Read: Psalm 23:1-6 | Bible in a Year: Proverbs 10-12; 2 Corinthians 4

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
Isaiah 43:1

During a visit to the National September 11 Memorial in New York City, I quickly photographed one of the twin reflecting pools. Around these two pools, the names of the nearly 3,000 people who died in the World Trade Center attacks are etched into bronze panels. Later, while looking more closely at the photo, my eyes were drawn to the hand of a woman resting on a name. Many people come to this place to touch a name and remember someone they loved.

The prophet Isaiah reminded God's people of His unfailing love and concern for them, even though they had often turned away from Him. The Lord said, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine" (Isaiah 43:1).

In the 23rd Psalm, David wrote, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley [the valley of the shadow of death], I will fear no evil, for you are with me . . . . Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (vv. 4, 6).

God never forgets us. No matter where we are or whatever our situation, He knows our names and holds us fast in His unfailing love.

Father in heaven, thank You for calling us by name and surrounding us with Your love, today and forever.

God knows our names and He holds us fast in His love.

By David C. McCasland





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions