daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:51 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Catching Foxes - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Catching Foxes   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, November 2, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Catching Foxes

Read: Song of Solomon 2:14-17 | Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 27-29; Titus 3

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards.
Song of Solomon 2:15

While talking on the phone with a friend who lives by the seaside, I expressed delight at hearing seagulls squawking. "Vile creatures," she responded, for to her they're a daily menace. As a Londoner, I feel the same way about foxes. I find them not cute animals but roaming creatures that leave smelly messes in their wake.

Foxes appear in the love poetry of the Song of Solomon, an Old Testament book that reveals the love between a husband and wife and, some commentators believe, between God and His people. The bride warns about little foxes, asking her bridegroom to catch them (2:15). For foxes, hungry for the vineyard's grapes, could tear the tender plants apart. As the bride looks forward to their married life together, she doesn't want vermin disturbing their covenant of love.

How can "foxes" disturb our relationship with God? For me, when I say "yes" to too many requests, I can become overwhelmed and unpleasant. Or when I witness relational conflict, I can be tempted to despair or anger. As I ask the Lord to limit the effect of these "foxes"—those I've let in through an open gate or those that have snuck in—I gain in trust of and love for God as I sense His loving presence and direction.

How about you? How can you seek God's help from anything keeping you from Him?

Lord God, You are powerful and You are good. Please protect my relationship with You, keeping out anything that would take my eyes off You.

God can guard our relationship with Him.

By Amy Boucher Pye





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
ACCEPTED TIME 2
Open Heavens
for Saturday, February 8, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ACCEPTED TIME 2

God is never too early and He is never too late. His timetable is set on purpose; the purpose is not only for your sake but also for His. In all things, His name shall be glorified. No doubt, He would have been glorified healing Lazarus of his sickness, but this can't compare to raising him from the dead after four...More
IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER

Read:
. He is looking for those who are ready and committed to walking in His footsteps. God is holy, and He has called us to holy living. We are to do as He commands because we are the light of the world. God in Heaven is glorified when our light shines in the midst of the darkness of this world. If you...More
Standing in the limelight
The Good Seed
for Monday, January 4, 2022
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Standing in the limelight

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern for all who are going to believe on him for everlasting life.
1 Timothy 1:15.16.

Standing in the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions