daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:53 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Hidden Ministry - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Hidden Ministry   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, November 21, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Hidden Ministry

Read: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 | Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 16-17; James 3

On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers.
2 Corinthians 1:10-11

A big academic project was weighing on me, and I was fretting over whether I could complete it by the deadline. In the midst of my anxious thoughts, I received three notes of encouragement from friends who were cheering me on. Each one said, "God brought you to mind today when I was praying." I felt humbled and encouraged that these friends would contact me without knowing what I was going through, and I believed God had used them as His messengers of love.

The apostle Paul knew the power of prayer when he wrote to the people in the church of Corinth. He said he trusted that God would continue to deliver them from peril "as you help us by your prayers" (2 Corinthians 1:10-11). And when God answered their prayers, He would be glorified as the people gave Him thanks for the "answer to the prayers of many" (v. 11).

My friends and Paul's supporters were engaging in the ministry of intercession, which Oswald Chambers calls "a hidden ministry that brings forth fruit through which the Father is glorified." As we focus our minds and hearts on Jesus, we find Him shaping us, including how we pray. He enables us to give the gift of true intercession to friends, family members, and even strangers.

Has God put someone on your heart and mind for whom you can pray?

God hears the prayers of His people.

By Amy Boucher Pye





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 12, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II

Paul in Philippians 3:10 prayed...More
When You Have A Vision
The Word for today
for Sunday, September 2, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

When You Have A Vision

I was not disobedient to the vision.' Acts 26:19 NIV

When God gives you a vision for your life, you need to know how to:

(1) Hold it. Your vision is governed by a time frame: If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.' (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT) Some of us can...More
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)
The Good Seed
for Saturday, October 29, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honour.
John 12:25.26.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions