daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:13 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Praying and Growing - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Praying and Growing details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, February 18, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Praying and Growing

Bible in a Year: Leviticus 23-24; Mark 1:1-22

Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God.
Colossians 3:17

Today's Scripture & Insight: Jonah 4:1-11

When my friend David's wife developed Alzheimer's disease, the changes it brought to his life made him bitter. He needed to retire early to care for her; and as the disease progressed, she required increasingly more care.

"I was so angry at God," he told me. "But the more I prayed about it, the more He showed me my heart and how I had been selfish for most of our marriage." Tears welled in his eyes as he confessed, "She's been sick ten years, but God has helped me see things differently. Now, everything I do out of love for her, I also do for Jesus. Caring for her has become the greatest privilege of my life."

Sometimes God answers our prayers not by giving us what we want but by challenging us to change. When the prophet Jonah was angry because God spared the wicked city of Nineveh from destruction, God caused a plant to shade him from the hot sun (Jonah 4:6). Then He made it wither. When Jonah complained, God answered, "Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?" (vv. 7-9). Jonah, focused only on himself, insisted it was. But God challenged him to think about others and have compassion.

God sometimes uses our prayers in unexpected ways to help us learn and grow. It's a change we can welcome with open hearts because He wants to transform us with His love.

By James Banks

Today's Reflection
Lord Jesus, thank You for helping me grow when I pray. Help me to be sensitive to what You want for my life today.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions