daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Savior Who Knows Us - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Savior Who Knows Us details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, June 16, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Savior Who Knows Us

Bible in a Year: Nehemiah 4-6; Acts 2:22-47

"How do you know me?" Nathanael asked.
John 1:48

Today's Scripture & Insight: John 1:43-51

"Dad, what time is it?" my son asked from the back seat. "It's 5:30." I knew exactly what he'd say next. "No, it's 5:28!" I watched his face light up. Gotcha! his beaming smile said. I felt delight too—the kind that comes from knowing your child the way only a parent can.

Like any attentive parent, I know my children. I know how they'll respond when I wake them up. I know what they'll want in their lunches. I know countless interests, desires, and preferences.

But for all that, I'll never know them perfectly, inside and out, the way our Lord knows us.

We catch a glimpse of the kind of intimate knowledge Jesus has of His people in John 1. As Nathanael, who Philip had urged to meet Jesus, moved toward Him, Jesus pronounced, "Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit" (v. 47). Startled, Nathanael responded, "How do you know me?" Somewhat mysteriously, Jesus replied that He'd seen him under the fig tree (v. 48).

We may not know why Jesus chose to share this particular detail, but it seems Nathaniel did! Overwhelmed, he responded, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God" (v. 49).

Jesus knows each of us like this: intimately, completely, and perfectly—the way we long to be known. And He accepts us completely—inviting us to be, not only His followers, but His beloved friends (John 15:15).

By Adam Holz

Reflect & Pray
Jesus, Thank You for knowing me fully, inside and out, and for loving, forgiving, and accepting me just the way I am. Thank You for inviting me into the adventure of following You.

Jesus knows us the way we long to be known.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions