daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:08 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


How to Find Peace - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

How to Find Peace details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, July 2, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
How to Find Peace

Bible in a Year: Job 22-24; Acts 11

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
Colossians 3:15

Today's Scripture & Insight: Colossians 3:12-17

"What do you think about peace?" my friend asked as we ate lunch together. "Peace?" I said, puzzled. "I'm not sure—why do you ask?" He answered, "Well, as you jiggled your foot during the church service I wondered if you're agitated about something. Have you considered the peace God gives to those who love Him?"

That day some years ago, I was a bit hurt by my friend's question, but it started me on a journey. I began exploring the Bible to see how God's people embraced this gift of well-being, of peace, even in the midst of hardship. As I read Paul's letter to the Colossians, I chewed over the apostle's command to let the peace of Christ rule in their hearts (Colossians 3:15).

Paul was writing to a church he'd never visited but had heard about from his friend Epaphras. He was concerned that as they encountered false teaching, they were losing the peace of Christ. But instead of admonishing them, Paul encouraged them to trust Jesus, who would give them assurance and hope (v. 15).

We all will encounter times when we can choose to embrace or refuse the rule of Christ's peace in our hearts. As we turn to Him, asking Jesus to dwell in us, He will gently release us from the anxiety and cares that weigh us down. As we seek His peace, we trust that He will meet us with His love.

By Amy Boucher Pye

Reflect & Pray
What situations or relationships weigh on your mind and heart? How can you ask Jesus to bring you His peace?

Jesus, You give peace that passes all understanding. Help me embrace Your peace in every area of my life.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions