daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:29 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Last Word - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Last Word details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, September 5, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Last Word

Bible in a Year: Psalms 146-147; 1 Corinthians 15:1-28

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
1 Corinthians 15:19

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Corinthians 15:12-19

Her name was Saralyn, and I sort of had a crush on her back in our school days. She had the most wonderful laugh. I'm not sure whether she knew about my crush, but I suspect she did. After graduation I lost track of her. Our lives went in different directions as lives often do.

I keep up with my graduating class in some online forums, and I was intensely sad when I heard that Saralyn died. I found myself wondering about the direction her life had taken over the years. This is happening more and more the older I grow, this experience of losing friends and family. But many of us tend to avoid talking about it.

While we still sorrow, the hope the apostle Paul talks about is that death doesn't have the final say (1 Corinthians 15:54-55). There is something that follows, another word: resurrection. Paul grounds that hope in the reality of the resurrection of Christ (v. 12), and says "if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith" (v. 14). If our hope as believers is limited to this world only, that's just a pity (v. 19).

We will one day see those again who have "fallen asleep in Christ" (v. 18)—grandparents and parents, friends and neighbors, or perhaps even old schoolyard crushes.

Death doesn't get the last word. Resurrection does.

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray
What does Christ's resurrection mean to you? How might you express your faith and point someone to the hope of the resurrection?

Jesus, may the power of Your resurrection become more and more evident in my life. May it be clear in my words and actions, especially as I interact with those who do not know You.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions