daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Growing into Giving - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Growing into Giving details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, December 25, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Growing into Giving

Bible in a Year: Zephaniah 1-3, Revelation 16

Freely you have received; freely give.
Matthew 10:8

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Corinthians 8:1-9

"I got you a present!" my two-year-old grandson shouted excitedly as he pressed a box into my hands. "He picked it out all by himself," my wife smiled.

I opened the box to find a Christmas ornament of his favorite cartoon character. "Can I see it?" he asked anxiously. Then he played with "my" present for the rest of the evening, and as I watched him, I smiled.

I smiled because I remembered gifts I had given loved ones in the past, like the music album I gave my older brother one Christmas when I was in high school that I really wanted to listen to (and did). And I realized how years later God was still stretching me and teaching me to give more unselfishly.

Giving is something we grow into. Paul wrote, "But since you excel in everything . . . see that you also excel in this grace of giving" (2 Corinthians 8:7). Grace fills our giving as we understand that all we have is from God, and He has shown us "it is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

God generously gave us the most unselfish gift of all: His only Son, who would die on a cross for our sins and be raised to life. Any who receive this ultimate gift are rich beyond measure. As our hearts are focused on Him, our hands open in love to others.

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray

In what ways do you need to grow in giving? What could you do today?


Thank You, Father, for giving me the best gift of all: Your Son! Help me to share Your generosity with others today.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE ETERNAL BOOK
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ETERNAL BOOK

One outstanding need that divine midwives must satisfy is to have their names written in the Book of Life. This is the most important book in the universe. Given modern trends and need for details, most institutions have various books in which records are kept and can be retrieved in years to come. Every...More
How Is Much Enough? (1)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 11, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

How Is Much Enough? (1)

Life is not measured by how much you own.' Luke 12:15 NLT

What does the good life' mean to you? Driving the fastest car? Owning the biggest house? Wearing the latest clothes and having the most prestigious job? God's concept is very different. Jesus said, Guard againstgreed. Life is not measured...More
VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU
Daily Scripture Reading
for Thursday, September 24, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU

...More
Where to Find Hope
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, September 20, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Where to Find Hope

Read: Romans 5:1-11 | Bible in a Year: Ecclesiastes 4-6; 2 Corinthians 12



Hope is the anchor of the soul.

By Anne...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions