daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Prompted to Pray - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Prompted to Pray details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, January 1, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Prompted to Pray

Bible in a Year: Genesis 1-3, Matthew 1

I constantly remember you in my prayers.
2 Timothy 1:3

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Timothy 2:1-8

"Several years ago I was prompted to pray for you often, and I wonder why."

That text message from an old friend came with a photo of a note she'd kept in her Bible: "Pray for James. Cover mind, thoughts, words." Beside my name she'd recorded three separate years.

I looked at the years and caught my breath. I wrote back and asked what month she began to pray. She responded, "Sometime around July."

That was the month I was preparing to leave home for extended study abroad. I would be facing an unfamiliar culture and language and have my faith challenged like never before. As I looked at the note, I realized I'd received the precious gift of generous prayer.

My friend's kindness reminded me of another "prompting" to pray, Paul's instruction to his young missionary friend Timothy: "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people" (1 Timothy 2:1). The phrase "first of all" indicates highest priority. Our prayers matter, Paul explains, because God "wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth" about Jesus (v. 4).

God moves through faithful prayer in countless ways to encourage others and draw them near to Himself. We may not know someone's circumstances when they come to mind, but God does. And He'll help that person as we pray!

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray
Who comes to mind that needs your prayers in this new year? How can you remind yourself to pray for them often?

Loving God, please help me to pray often and to make a lasting difference in others' lives through my intercession for them.

To learn more about prayer, visit https://bit.ly/2kTeSVt.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...


Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? And having begun from Moses and from all the prophets, He interpreted them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:26-27)


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves as...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!
Our Daily Manna
for Friday, September 4, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!

Welcome to today's devotional encounter. We begin with some three amazing facts below:
1.Buckingham palace has more than six hundred rooms.
2.Howard Hughes once made half a billion dollars in one day! In 1966, he received a bank draft for $546,549,171 in return for his 75 percent of New...More
WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 11, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions