daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:31 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Under Construction - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Under Construction details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, May 14, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Under Construction

Bible in a Year: 2 Kings 19-21, John 4:1-30

For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
Hebrews 10:14

Today's Scripture & Insight: Hebrews 10:11-18

They just repaved this road, I thought to myself as the traffic slowed. Now they're tearing it up again! Then I wondered, Why is road construction never done? I mean, I've never seen a sign proclaiming, "The paving company is finished. Please enjoy this perfect road."

But something similar is true in my spiritual life. Early in my faith, I imagined reaching a moment of maturity when I'd have it all figured out, when I'd be "smoothly paved." Thirty years later, I confess I'm still "under construction." Just like the perpetually potholed roads I drive, I never seem to be "finished" either. Sometimes that can feel equally frustrating.

But Hebrews 10 contains an amazing promise. Verse 14 says, "For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Jesus' work on the cross has already saved us. Completely. Perfectly. In God's eyes, we are whole and finished. But paradoxically, that process isn't done yet while we're still on earth. We're still being shaped into His likeness, still "being made holy."

One day, we'll see Him face-to-face, and we shall be like him (1 John 3:2). But until then, we're still "under construction," people who anxiously await the glorious day when the work in us is truly complete.

By: Adam R. Holz

Reflect & Pray
Do you ever get frustrated that spiritual progress seems slower than you expected? How does this passage from Hebrews encourage you to think about your spiritual growth?


Faithful God, sometimes I get frustrated that my spiritual progress seems slow. Help me to remember that You're still at work in my life, shaping me and helping me to become more and more like You.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions