daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:05 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God Knows Your Story - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

God Knows Your Story details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, August 18, 2021
  by RBC Ministries
Details
God Knows Your Story

Bible in a Year: Psalms 100-102, 1 Corinthians 1

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Psalm 139:23

Today's Scripture & Insight: Psalm 139:

As I drove home after lunch with my best friend, I thanked God out loud for her. She knows me and loves me in spite of things I don't love about myself. She's one of a small circle of people who accept me as I am—my quirks, habits, and screw-ups. Still, there are parts of my story I resist sharing even with her and others that I love—times where I've clearly not been the hero, times I've been judgmental or unkind or unloving.

But God does know my whole story. He's the One I can freely talk to even if I'm reluctant to talk with others.

The familiar words of Psalm 139 describe the intimacy we enjoy with our Sovereign King. He knows us completely! (v. 1). He's "familiar with all [our] ways" (v. 3). He invites us to come to Him with our confusion, our anxious thoughts, and our struggles with temptation. When we're willing to yield completely to Him, He reaches out to restore and rewrite the parts of our story that make us sad because we've wandered from Him.

God knows us better than anyone else ever can, and still . . . He loves us! When we daily surrender ourselves to Him and seek to know Him more fully, He can change our story for His glory. He's the Author who's continuing to write it.

By: Cindy Hess Kasper

Reflect & Pray
What assurance do you have that God will always love you unconditionally? How can you make yielding to Him a daily practice?


Precious Father, thank You for loving me as Your child despite the times I've disappointed You. Help me to yield all of myself to You in full assurance that You're faithfully walking beside me.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.


Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(Galatians 6:1-2)


The verse above enjoins spiritual ones...More
Get God's Opinion (2)
The Word for today
for Thursday, January 30, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (2)

Don't let anyone look down on you because' 1 Timothy 4:12 NIV
Try as you may, you will never fulfil a dream that is not your own. Stop and think about your personal history. How have your plans, goals and desires been influenced by others? Is it possible your dreams are the result of who your parents...More
Diligence in Prayer
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, October 21, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Diligence in Prayer

For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:10

Diligence in Prayer
Diligence in prayer is the secret of eminent holiness. Without question there is a vast difference among true Christians. There is an immense gap between the greatest and the weakest in the army of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions