daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:52 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Jesus Is Here - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Jesus Is Here details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, June 7, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Jesus Is Here

Bible in a Year: 2 Chronicles 28-29, John 17

[Teach] them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:20

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 28:16-20

My elderly great aunt lay on her sickbed with a smile on her face. Her gray hair was pushed back from her face and wrinkles covered her cheeks. She didn't speak much, but I still recall the few words she said when my father, mother, and I visited her. She whispered, "I don't get lonely. Jesus is here with me."

As a single woman at the time, I marveled at my aunt's proclamation. Her husband had died several years earlier, and her children lived far away. Nearing her ninetieth year of life, she was alone, in her bed, barely able to move. Yet she was able to say she wasn't lonely.

My aunt took Jesus' words to the disciples literally, as we all should: "Surely I am with you always" (Matthew 28:20). She knew that Christ's Spirit was with her, as He promised when He instructed the disciples to go out into the world and share His message with others (v. 19). Jesus said the Holy Spirit would "be with" the disciples and us (John 14:16-17).

I'm certain my aunt experienced the reality of that promise. The Spirit was within her as she lay on her bed. And the Spirit used her to share His truth with me—a young niece who needed to hear those words and take them to heart.

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray
How are you encouraged by the reality that Jesus is with you today? How have you experienced the comfort of the Holy Spirit?

Thank You, Jesus, for sending Your Spirit as my comfort and companion. Remind me of Your presence throughout this day.
Jesus Is Here





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


VICTIM OF COMFORT?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTIM OF COMFORT?

Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
SOCIAL DEVIANTS!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 4, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOCIAL DEVIANTS!

A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions