daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:30 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Lessons on Jehoiachin (2)—Humility and God’s Care - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Lessons on Jehoiachin (2)—Humility and God’s Care details logo    The LORD is near - Thursday, December 15, 2023
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Lessons on Jehoiachin (2)—Humility and God’s Care

Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem to the remainder of the elders who were carried away captive.
Jeremiah 29:1 NKJV

Lessons on Jehoiachin (2)—Humility and God's Care
In chapter 29, we read that Jeremiah wrote a letter to the captives who had been carried away because of the discipline of God on His people. Jeremiah gives them several instructions from the Lord to settle in Babylon, seek the peace of the city, and pray for it—"for in its peace you will have peace" (Jer. 29:7)—as well as stern words concerning the false prophets among them.

This letter from the Lord to His people, by the hand of Jeremiah, also contained beautiful words of encouragement: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (v. 11).

In the vision of the two baskets of figs in Jeremiah 24, the Lord had said to Jeremiah, concerning the figs that had been carried away, "I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart" (24:6-7). Yes, the deportees were not forgotten, despite appearances. They were at the very heart of God's plans.

There is an encouragement for us in this. Let us have the wisdom to have no need of a bridle to be led, as the horse needs it in its liveliness, and the mule in its stubbornness (Ps. 32:9). When we submit to God, even under the discipline He may allow in our lives, He ever watches over us for our good. We are always in the best place—even if it does not seem like it, depending on how we see and appreciate things—when we humbly submit to God. He has "thoughts of peace" for us, "and not of evil, to give [us] a future and a hope."

-- Alexandre Leclerc





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions