daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:06 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Joseph (1)—Dead Now Alive - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Joseph (1)—Dead Now Alive details logo    The LORD is near - Monday, April 6, 2026
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Joseph (1)—Dead Now Alive

Then Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph.”
Genesis 45:3

Joseph (1)—Dead Now Alive
What would be their thoughts when he said, “I am Joseph”? Can you imagine their astonishment? What a change of mind! Every thought in their hearts would be turned. The very Joseph whom they had cast into the pit, of whom they had long spoken as dead, now alive again, now before them, lord of all Egypt. They could not speak; they were troubled; and well they might be at his presence. Justice could have demanded their lives, but, in grace, “Joseph said, ‘Please come near to me.” And Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” The Joseph who was as dead is alive, and makes himself known. This gives them the true change of mind about Joseph.

Oh! How like the revelation of the dead and risen Christ to Saul of Tarsus; the one was as sudden as the other. Saul was on his murderous mission to Damascus, his heart filled with hatred to the name and followers of Jesus. Suddenly a light above the brightness of the sun shines round about him; a voice speaks, and says, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.” Astounded at these words, Saul replies, “Who art You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus.”

Joseph said to his brethren, “I am Joseph.” Jesus said to Saul, “I am Jesus”; and the effect was the same. The moment Saul heard those few words, “I am Jesus,” every thought in his heart was turned. It was the revelation of the living Joseph that changed their minds; it is the revelation of the risen Jesus that alone gives the true change of mind not to be repented of.

C. Stanley

Oh, what a wonderful, wonderful day
Day I will never forget
After I’d wandered in darkness away
Jesus my Savior I met.

John Peterson





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions