daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:30 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The conversion of a Chinese lady - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The conversion of a Chinese lady details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, March 28, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The conversion of a Chinese lady

Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.
John 8:12.

The conversion of a Chinese lady
A young Chinese lady recounted the following:

"One day I had heard a preacher make the following comparison: ‘If we leave a piece of wood in a dark place, all kinds of insects will hide underneath it. But if we expose it to the light, they will all flee, for they hate the light. It is the same with our heart: if Jesus, the light of the world, does not dwell there, it is in darkness, hiding all sorts of bad thoughts. But from the moment we receive Christ, and with Him the light, our bad thoughts disappear.'

From my childhood I had been afraid of insects. One day when I was playing croquet in the garden, I saw a stone in the grass that reminded me of the preacher's comparison. So I pushed the stone away with my mallet and picked it up. A big lizard, a centipede and numerous small insects immediately dispersed. A voice inside me said: ‘You are like that stone, smooth and white outside, but full of sin inside.'

I understood what a hypocrite I was, pretending to uphold Chinese traditions of love, justice and virtue, and I had the conviction that I was a sinner. I dropped my mallet and ran to my room. I knelt down by my bed and prayed: ‘Lord, forgive my sin and help me to understand your Word.' I stood up again, blushing and with my heart beating fast. I had at last found peace!"

Today's reading: Jeremiah 9:1-26 · Luke 21:29-38





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions