daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:17 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Unwanted Bibles - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Unwanted Bibles details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, September 12, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Unwanted Bibles

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights.
James 1:17.

Unwanted Bibles
A Swiss evangelist recounted this experience some decades ago:

I wanted Bibles for missionary work in France. So I put advertisements in some newspapers in Geneva, Montreux and Lausanne in French-speaking Switzerland. For a long time I heard nothing. Then I received a message from a restaurant proprietor. He wrote briefly: "Call in! I have plenty of Bibles to give away." I set out at once. He was a very friendly man. He told me: "I have a whole mountain of Bibles."

Then he told me his story. "Look, there is the church, and here is my restaurant. The couples who are married there are given a Bible as a wedding present from the pastor. Their names are written on the first page in beautiful handwriting. After the church ceremony the reception is held here. The guests eat a wholesome lunch and drink even more. When they leave, many couples tear out the first page of the Bible with their names, pack it carefully away and leave the Bible here."

The proprietor then took me into the next room. On the table were 62 family Bibles. 62 new Bibles unwanted.

Marriage was instituted by God in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:24). The loving relationship of man and wife is a gift from God to make people happy. But if that relationship is to have any depth and permanence, God and His Word must play their part. The Bible shows us how all the good that God grants us should serve to bring joy to us and honour to Him: joy not to be repented of that passes on to eternal joy with God.

Today's reading: Judges 9:1-25 · 2 Corinthians 8:16-24





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions