daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:29 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Thoughts on the Gospel of John (120) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (120) details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, December 17, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (120)

I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me should not abide in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects me, and does not receive my words has that which judges him - the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that his command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told me, so I speak.
John 12:46-50.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (120)
In the final verses of chapter 12 the Lord spoke to the public for the last time, as if He were summarising the reason for His coming. He first set forth the blessing of believing in Him. It means learning the truth about God. There are the Father and the Son, and they are one.

We are then told that this "light" is available for all. Everyone can come, so as not to remain in ignorance concerning God. Since Christ is Himself the light, we need to come to Him and believe in Him, for He came into the world to save.

Some think that this offer of salvation is not binding - a fatal assumption! Whoever has heard Jesus' sayings and ignores them rejects God Himself.

God's command compels people to choose between life and death. It reminds us of the situation when Moses had to tell Israel: "See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. Therefore choose life." (Deuteronomy 30:15.19). If we accept Jesus' sayings, it means life for us.

(to be continued on 7th January 2024)

Today's reading: 2 Chronicles 29:1-19 · Revelation 15:1-8





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions