daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:37 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Through reading the Bible... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Through reading the Bible... details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, March 21, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Through reading the Bible...

Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!
1 Chronicles 16:11

Through reading the Bible, I learned who God is. I found out what He had done and what He had to say to people. Through the Bible I came to understand that He lives forever, that He doesn’t change, and that He knows and sees everything. He is faithful to His promises. Moreover, He is just, holy, powerful and wise. And He is good and patient toward His creatures.

But I also realised something that frightened me: I had disobeyed God – I was His enemy without even realising it. I wanted to live according to my own will. What my Creator thought didn’t interest me. I now realised that I was guilty before Him and condemned to eternal death.

But I also learned that God offered me His forgiveness and His peace. I had nothing to offer Him. God had long since taken care of everything. He had paid the ultimate price by giving Jesus Christ, His Son. Jesus came to earth to reveal God to us. Then He died so that everyone who believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

When I saw that my previous life had been a failure, I acknowledged before God that I had done wrong. I suddenly understood that I had sinned. I asked Him to graciously forgive me through Jesus Christ, who died for me. Then I experienced something quite miraculous: God accepted me and forgave all my sins. He doesn’t reject anyone who comes to Him.

Today I know that I am a child of God. This sounds unbelievable but it’s true! My life has become completely new. I have been given such rich blessings through Jesus Christ that I can enjoy even now. And if I have to die, I will go to paradise the same day, into the presence of God. Wouldn’t you like to have this assurance too?

Today’s reading: Jonah 2:1-10 · Proverbs 26:20-28





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions