daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:13 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Seeking refuge with God - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Seeking refuge with God details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, April 25, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Seeking refuge with God

For there is no one who acknowledges me; refuge has failed me; no one cares for my soul.
Psalm 142:4

Seeking refuge with God
Being lonely and abandoned is very difficult to bear. In an emergency situation, we feel the pain of not to being able to talk to anyone about our problems.

David was probably fleeing from King Saul when he had the experiences described in Psalm 142. In any case, he found himself alone in a cave and sadly thought, “I have no one who cares about me.” He could not expect help or support from anyone. In this hopeless situation David prayed to God, “I cried out to You, O Lord: I said, you are my refuge” (Psalm 142:5).

The living God is there for all people to help them in their loneliness. Everyone can pray to Him like David, saying, “Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, for I am desolate and afflicted” (Psalm 25:16). God is indeed ready to grant grace to people. Because His Son Jesus Christ died on the cross for the guilt of others, He pardons all who confess their sins and believe in the Saviour. Through this they come into an ordered and happy relationship with God.

Now they are never completely alone. God makes them a comforting promise:

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you”.

Isaiah 43:1–2

Today’s reading: Genesis 14:13-24 · 2 Peter 2:17-22





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions