daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:29 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A man told me one day about an... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A man told me one day about an... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, July 30, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A man told me one day about an...

Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.
Acts 16:34

A man told me one day about an amazing turnaround in his life:

“I had started my own business in my profession. At first everything went well but then some setbacks came along. I had to declare bankruptcy. The company was broke and I was left with only debts and obligations.

In my distress, I resorted to alcohol and my life spiralled downwards. Then my wife divorced me. Hopelessness and despair seized me. In this situation I saw only one way out. Determined to bring about my end, I stepped out onto the balcony and looked down from the eighth floor. Just one step and all my problems would be solved, or so I thought.

Then suddenly the thought flashed through my mind: God – God exists! I had never consciously thought of God in my life, had never counted on Him. The thought overwhelmed me and wouldn’t let me go.

Today I know that the grace of God saved me from that leap into hell. I began to seek God and found Him in Jesus Christ. A believing Christian whom I met ‘by chance’ showed me the way. I confessed my guilt before God and now believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

I had not heard from my divorced wife for two years. With an anxious heart I went to see her. A second miracle had happened. My wife had also turned to Jesus Christ. We were both overwhelmed by God’s love and grace.”

When I met this man again two months later, he was beaming from ear to ear. On his right hand, a wedding ring glinted again.

Today’s reading: Job 8:1-22 · Acts 7:51-60





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BE TRULY ROOTED
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE TRULY ROOTED

You can overcome the attacks of the devil if you can simply obey God's Word. Before taking on the devil, be sure of your salvation because the salvation of many today is questionable. Many are pretenders and have really never answered the altar call for salvation at any time. At the time they should be answering...More
YOUR FIRST LOVE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, February 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

YOUR FIRST LOVE

As a Christian, your heart ought to be aglow with genuine love for Christ, unless you are not genuinely saved as a result of having not truly repented from your sins even though you have confessed Jesus. At the new birth experience, the Holy Spirit regenerates our spirit and fills it with deep and pure love for...More
The wall of snow
The Good Seed
for Thursday, January 6, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The wall of snow


Nahum 1:7

The wall of snow

At the beginning of January 1814, the Swedish crown prince Carl Johann Bernadotte and his allies were bearing Schleswig during the winter campaign against the Danes. The inhabitants of the city feared the worst, particularly from the brutal...More
Imitation or Genuine?
Daily Devotionals
for Wednesday, November 18, 2021
by Inspiration Ministries

Imitation or Genuine?

"All the prophets were prophesying before them. Then Zedekiah said, 'This is what the LORD says' All the prophets were prophesying this as well." - 1 Kings 22:10-12 NASB

Zedekiah understood what it meant to be a prophet. He knew the vocabulary and how to deliver prophecies. In similar ways, others...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions