daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:05 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A young Christian from Chile tells... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A young Christian from Chile tells... details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, November 4, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A young Christian from Chile tells...

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.

John 5:24; Ephesians 5:8

A young Christian from Chile tells the following story:

“I had led a very wild life, and now I was determined to put an end to it all. The fateful day came, and the pills that would take me to the afterlife were already prepared. Just as I was about to perform the final act, it seemed as though there was a soft knock at the door. Surprised, I stopped: there it was again, this soft knocking. Cautiously I opened the door a crack. Two little boys put something in my hand and said, ‘This is for you.’ Then they left. It was a calendar with a Bible verse for each day and a short explanation.

In my deep despair and spiritual hunger, I began to read the messages one by one. There I learned that Jesus Christ died for me on the cross to save me and give me eternal life. That night I passed from death to life, from darkness to light.

But how did it happen that I received this unexpected gift at that very moment? The next morning I learned that the calendar had been offered to many politicians. One of them saw it as being of no use to him so passed it on to his gardener. When the gardener looked at it briefly in the evening, he was annoyed to discover that it was a Christian calendar. So he told his children to pass it on to the next person they met. They then knocked on my door ...”

Today’s reading: Isaiah 60:1-22 · Mark 1:35-45





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions