daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:01 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


“I have to do something!” - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

“I have to do something!” details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, November 28, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
“I have to do something!”

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Ephesians 2:8–9

“I have to do something!”
During a stay at a health resort, I get into a conversation with the manager who has just recovered from a serious illness in which he had been very close to death. The man is in his prime and is very happy “that everything turned out okay”.

Now, as a result, he thinks, “I have to do something!” And then he tells me that he tries to take a few moments every day for contemplation. He says that he doesn’t read the Bible very often, but he thinks a lot about life, including faith, and he tries to lead a good life anyway.

“I have to do something!” – I try to build on this statement. After all, the question, “What must I do?” is of utmost importance for eternal salvation. But any “doing” in the sense of an accomplishment that brings us to God in heaven is completely out of the question. What has to be done was accomplished by Jesus Christ in His work of redemption. Therefore, the simple invitation is, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved”. The man listens attentively as I explain to him God’s plan of salvation based on the Bible. Will he follow my advice and read it all again in silence?

Today’s reading: The Song of Solomon 2:1-17 · Mark 8:1-13





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions