daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:04 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


People on the margins of society - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

People on the margins of society details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, December 11, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
People on the margins of society

The base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen.
1 Corinthians 1:28

People on the margins of society
Four days before Christmas the man came to see me. He had just been released from prison. Another prisoner who knew me had given him my address. We talked a little. I called a few friends – a small ray of hope appeared for him. Then I invited him to our party for single people and asked him to help me with the preparations.

He came and helped me set up the hall for 120 people: setting the tables, bringing in the chairs, decorating the walls. He worked as if he was being paid for it. After the party, he stayed behind and helped again until everything was tidied up. I saw him again after Christmas but then we lost touch.

Two years later I got a letter from him. He was happy to have found good work again. “I will never forget how you helped me and invited me to the party. I still remember what they were talking about: ‘Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people’ (Luke 2:10). That was the angel’s message to the shepherds in Bethlehem. They acknowledged that these shepherds were actually among those who were on the fringes of human society. I was also such a marginalised person at that time. But now, through faith in the Lord Jesus, I have peace with God. I am truly happy.”

Today’s reading: Haggai 1:1-15 · Mark 11:12-19





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions