daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:29 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Chosen - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Chosen details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, February 23, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Chosen

He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.
Ephesians 1:4

Chosen
I never knew my parents and I grew up in a children’s home.

One day, a couple appeared because they wanted to adopt a child. I saw them standing there, making their choice – and I wished they would pick me. I longed for a home, for a father and a mother, but they chose someone else.

The years passed. Many couples came and chose – but I remained. I hoped and wished with all my heart to belong somewhere! But no one wanted me. Once I asked our housemother, “Doesn’t anyone want to have me?” She shrugged and said, “I don’t know. Maybe someone will choose you one day!” But that never happened.

Later, I got to know other places: group homes, transitional homes, prisons. Now I have been in prison for many years. Here, some time ago, I heard about Jesus Christ for the first time. A preacher read the Bible with us and explained how much God loves us. That’s when I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Saviour and started reading God’s Word.

Once, I came across the passage: “… just as He chose us in Him ... and predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ” (verse 5). What a discovery: God has chosen and accepted me! Through rebirth, I have become His child and now belong to the family of God.

Today’s reading: Exodus 30:1-16 · Luke 12:35-48





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, ...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 13, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, ...


. He learned that God can only use subjection of Himself, weakness in self, and dependence upon Him only.
However, there was only one person, spiritually speaking, who was a true Nazarite, and that was our Lord Jesus. He shows us that it is not a negative thing to be separated from the world but rather a...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (2)
The Word for today
for Monday, January 6, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (2)

Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you'
Jeremiah 1:17 NIV
Are you embarrassed about your beginnings? Jeremiah was. He begins his book by listing the good people an the bad people in his background. Well, guess what? We all came from a less than perfect gene pool! We're...More
FAITHFULNESS
Daily Scripture Reading
for Tuesday, July 28, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

FAITHFULNESS

...More
Adam found an excuse:
The Good Seed
for Friday, February 25, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Adam found an excuse:


Jeremiah 17:9

In a discussion on the above text with some young people, the question was asked: how are we to understand the word "deceitful" here? After some consideration they reached this conclusion: deceitful means that the heart finds an excuse for everything. This seems a very apt...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions