daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:40 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Facing death - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Facing death details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, April 1, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Facing death

But My salvation will be forever. ... Listen to Me!
Isaiah 51:6–7

Facing death
The explosion was so powerful that it shook the entire neighbourhood.

I remember the crash caused by the explosion and the irresistible force that threw me to the ground ... In the hospital, I regained consciousness, my scalp full of shards of glass, heavily dazed and weak. The accident had happened in Belfast. A bomb had exploded in a delivery van. But I was still alive and practically uninjured, even though there were many casualties!

I realised that I had narrowly escaped death. On the one hand I was dismayed, but on the other hand, looking back, I felt no fear. That was because I was absolutely sure that if I had died, everything would have been fine for me. I would be with Christ in heaven now. That gave me a deep peace in my heart.

I wouldn’t wish anyone to come so close to death. But I am sure that such an experience can be useful for reassessing one’s own priorities and focusing on essential questions: Here are some convictions of believing men from the Bible that I also share:

o “For I know that my Redeemer lives, ... and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God” (Job 19:25–26).

o “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).

o “I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You” (Job 42:2).

o “For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that day” (2 Timothy 1:12).
J.S.

Today’s reading: Jeremiah 13:1-27 · Luke 22:39-46





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Be all of one mind, sympathizing,...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Be all of one mind, sympathizing,...


He sent his brethren away, and they departed. And he said to them, Do not quarrel on the way.
(Genesis 45:24)
Be all of one mind, sympathizing, full of brotherly love, tender heartedseek peace and pursue it.
(1 Peter 3:8, 11)


Every time when my way takes me through a...More
LIFE IN ABUNDANCE 1
Open Heavens
for Thursday, February 20, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LIFE IN ABUNDANCE 1

Under normal circumstances, no human being desires to be a nonentity. The various forces in the world however, are responsible for many people spending their entire life amounting to nothing and dwelling in the valley of not-well-to-do persons. The Almighty God Himself in making man did not intend for him to be a...More
Thoughts on the Epistle to the Romans (10)
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 17, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Thoughts on the Epistle to the Romans (10)


Romans 1:11-12

Thoughts on the Epistle to the Romans (10)
A spiritual treasure had been entrusted to the apostle Paul that he wished to share with the Christians in Rome. It did not come from his own abilities or knowledge. What he wished to impart to them he had himself received...More
Zip  It
The Word for today
for Monday, July 26, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Zip It

They will start gossiping and become busybodies, talking about things that are none of their business.' 1 Timothy 5:13 CEV

The Bible says gossip is nothing less than meddling in other people's business. Jon Zens says: I have watched friends and families suffer untold pain because of gossip the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions