daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:04 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The story of the picture - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The story of the picture details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, May 7, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The story of the picture

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
John 10:11

The story of the picture
I was born in North Africa but raised in France. From an external perspective I belonged to Islam, but in reality I was an atheist. As a passionate musician, I played numerous instruments and composed songs. One day, the head of my music publishing company suggested to me to write a musical. As I left the building, it started to rain, and I took shelter under a canopy which happened to be outside a church. When I entered, my gaze fell upon a depiction of a person holding a lamb in his arms. Beneath this picture was a sign: “The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”

This gave me pause and I wondered, “Who would be willing to give his life for others?” There happened to be a clergyman in the church, so I asked him to tell me the story of this picture. He gave me the four Gospels to read. As a result, I wrote a musical about the life of Jesus, although it was never published. Apparently, this was too controversial for my publisher. But for me, it didn’t matter at all because Jesus had entered my life. I stopped drinking and smoking. I no longer had any desire to spend hours in bars or to party; instead, I longed to return to North Africa and tell my wife Nora about Jesus. She, too, came to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ – having also learned that He answers prayer.

Now we serve the Lord together and compose songs to glorify God in the Berber language, as well as in Arabic and French.

Rafik

Today’s reading: Jeremiah 38:1-13 · Romans 8:26-30





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A Spiritual Checkup (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 15, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Spiritual Checkup (1)

The Lord searches every heart and understands every motive'
1 Chronicles 28:9


The Psalmist prayed, Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting' (Psalms 139:23-24 NKJV). If you're wise you'll...More
HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?

The name you bear is very important because it serves as your identity and your future may be connected to it. The name a person bears is sometimes indicative of the experiences he or she will encounter in life. Take for instance Moses: this name means "drawn out of water"

Bible in one year:
Job...More
Look For Teaching Moments
The Word for today
for Tuesday, November 6, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Look For Teaching Moments

What do these stones mean?' Joshua 4:21 NIV

One of the most effective ways to teach is through teaching moments'. Jesus did that. When a fig tree didn't produce fruit, He cursed it and it immediately withered up. That got the disciples' attention (see Matthew 21:18-22). Then He explained that unless...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions