daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:33 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


My questions wouldn’t let me go (1) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

My questions wouldn’t let me go (1) details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, August 5, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
My questions wouldn’t let me go (1)

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

My questions wouldn’t let me go (1)
There I stood in front of the small brick church. My heart was pounding. Should I enter this church? Would it help me find answers to my pressing questions?

Like most Bengalis, I was raised in Islam. I prayed five times a day, fasted during Ramadan and went to the mosque, but my heart remained empty. Why this feeling of dissatisfaction? Why did my religion not bring me joy? Why, despite all my discipline in prayer and fasting, didn’t I know if I was doing the right thing? And why did my brothers reject me – like the man Joseph, whom I had read about in the Bible? Should I enter the church or not?

Finally, I stepped in. The man who was speaking suddenly stopped mid-sentence. He started speaking again, but then stopped once more. The listeners began to whisper. For the third time, he resumed his speech, but shortly after, he fell silent again.

“He must be crazy,” I told myself, feeling puzzled, and I started to retreat. Just as I was about to open the door from the inside, the man began speaking again, and his words struck me right in the heart.

“I’m sorry,” he apologised. “Every time I start speaking, I feel that God wants me to change the topic: that I should speak about a man from the Old Testament named Joseph, who was sold by his brothers.” Astonished, I let go of the door handle. Joseph? That was the man from the Bible whose story captivated me! Curiously, I sat down and listened.

(to be concluded tomorrow)

Today’s reading: Joshua 9:17-27 · 1 Corinthians 8:1-8





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...


Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? And having begun from Moses and from all the prophets, He interpreted them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:26-27)


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves as...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!
Our Daily Manna
for Friday, September 4, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!

Welcome to today's devotional encounter. We begin with some three amazing facts below:
1.Buckingham palace has more than six hundred rooms.
2.Howard Hughes once made half a billion dollars in one day! In 1966, he received a bank draft for $546,549,171 in return for his 75 percent of New...More
WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 11, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions