daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:56 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The cross of the Lord Jesus separates... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The cross of the Lord Jesus separates... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, August 9, 2017
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The cross of the Lord Jesus separates...

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Galatians 6:14

The cross of the Lord Jesus separates believers from the world, just as the blood of Christ brings them into a relationship with God (cf. Ephesians 2:13). If I had anything to boast about, then it can only be the cross of Christ. Jesus Christ on the cross - that was the last the world saw of Him. And so it is with me, too. Why was He crucified? He could rightly claim the homage and recognition of the world. But it rejected that unique Person. The cross is the sign of it.
Many revere the cross without knowing its deeper meaning. But confessing it, i.e. standing up for it, is of value only to those who believe that "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me" (ch.2:20). For others the cross is not a sign of blessing but of a curse (cf.ch 3:13).
Christ's life on earth ended brutally at the cross. I have accepted the significance of the cross for myself together all believers and no longer adhere to a life according to world's principles, because I have been identified with Him in His death.
The cross outrooted my trust in myself. I boast of the cross, no longer of my natural abilities, as the world does. If I am spiritually strong, I shall find its attraction disappearing more and more, because the world is under a curse for casting out the Son of God.
We sing the praise of Him who died,
Of Him who died upon the cross,
The sinner's hope - let men deride;
For this we count the world but loss.
(T.Kelly, 1769-1855)
Today's reading: 1 Kings 11:23-43





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?

A divine midwife must be in control of his or her choices and ensure that they are God-centred and not self-centred. They must be ready to take decisions even when it hurts them. They must also be prepared to respond to Satans...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions